What You Need to Know About Refinancing Your Mortgage
Refinancing is the act of replacing an existing mortgage with a new one. When deciding whether you should refinance, the first step is to establish your financial goals. The most common reasons to refinance are:
- Lower monthly payments
- Get cash back
- Consolidate debt
- Change your loan term
Check out Today’s mortgage rates and try our easy-to-use Refinance Calculator to see how much you could save by refinancing with Nutter.
A-Z: Home Refinancing Guide
A great resource to help you understand the refinancing process:
- Reasons to Refinance
- Exploring Your Refinance Options
- Refinancing with Nutter
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
When should I refinance my mortgage?
As long as your current home loan is at least six months old, refinancing could be an option for you. There are several ways you can save money by refinancing.
What documents are required to refinance?
- Proof of income (recent paystubs, W-2’s)
- If self-employed, copies of recent income tax returns
- Proof of homeowners insurance
- Photo ID
How much does it cost to refinance?
Generally speaking, your closing costs will vary depending on the type of refinance you choose, your interest rate, your credit rating and/or the appraised value of your home. Closing costs are very important because they can significantly affect your refinance as well as the equity in your home. At Nutter, we strive to keep your closing costs as low as possible or, in some cases, eliminate them altogether.
We can typically eliminate discount points, origination fees, surveys and title fees. We also transfer your tax and insurance escrow account so you are not required to pay escrow money at closing. This way every dollar you save on your monthly house payment, is actually a dollar in your pocket. Please note, the total finance charge may be higher over the life of the loan in comparison to your existing loan if the loan were to be fully amortized and not paid off prior to full satisfaction.
Learn more about our No Closing Cost Refinancing options.
What is a cash back refinance?
A cash back refinance is a great way to use the equity in your home by taking money out to pay for (or pay off!) what you need and maintain one low, monthly mortgage payment. Remember a cash back refinance is not a second mortgage – it’s like getting a brand new first mortgage! A cash back refinance can also be used to get rid of a risky Home Equity Line of Credit (HELOC).
Learn more about our Cash Back Refinancing.
The Benefits of Getting a Loan from Nutter Home Loans
- We are one of the largest privately owned mortgage banking firms in the country.
- Dedicated to borrowers nationwide since 1951. We’re licensed in all 50 states.
- We have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau and believe in “If it’s not good for the customer, it’s not good for us.”
- Our quick and easy online application process leaves you with less paperwork and more time for everything else. Plus, you can manage your mortgage online through our Customer Portal.
- We offer some of the most competitive rates, including No Closing Cost Loan options - saving you money now, and in the future.
- Our team of Home Loan Experts (non-commissioned, too!) are available via chat, email and phone to help you understand the details and if home refinancing is right for you.
- We pride ourselves on having the best customer service in the industry – even after you close.
Sound a little complicated? Well, you’ve come to the right place.
Since 1951, we’ve helped people save hundreds, or even thousands of dollars a month, when they purchase or refinance their mortgage with Nutter.
Call 1-800-875-7334, send us an email or chat with us online and our team of non-commissioned Loan Officers will answer all your questions.
Apply Now - Secure Online ApplicationApply Now - Secure Online Application