Closing on Your Home Loan
It’s here! Call your Loan Officer at Nutter to lock in a low interest rate and close your home loan on time. Plus, our underwriting is done in-house, so we close loans quickly and efficiently with our quick and easy online loan process.
Congratulations on your home purchase!
What to Expect at Closing
Who should be there
All buyers who are going to be on the loan should plan to be at closing, however it’s possible to close if you can’t be present, but you’ll need to give someone power of attorney.
A closing agent will be there to facilitate the closing, they’re a neutral third party who will help both the buyer and seller through the closing process. In some states, the buyer and seller will be at closing, however in other states each party attends a separate closing.
Your real estate agent can attend, although it is not required.
What you need to bring
- Your driver’s license or other valid, government-issued photo ID
- A cashier’s check or proof of wire transfer to pay your down payment and closing costs
- Your Closing Disclosure to compare the final paperwork
- A list of important contacts, such as your agent or lawyer, in case you have questions
Back to the Guide
The Benefits of Getting a Loan from Nutter Home Loans
- We are one of the largest privately owned mortgage banking firms in the country.
- Dedicated to borrowers nationwide since 1951. We’re licensed in all 50 states.
- We have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau and believe in “If it’s not good for the customer, it’s not good for us.”
- Our quick and easy online application process leaves you with less paperwork and more time for everything else. Plus, you can manage your mortgage online through our Customer Portal.
- We offer some of the most competitive rates, including No Closing Cost Loan options - saving you money now, and in the future.
- Our team of Home Loan Experts (non-commissioned, too!) are available via chat, email and phone to help you understand the details and which home loan is right for you.
- We pride ourselves on having the best customer service in the industry – even after you close.
Sound a little complicated? Well, you’ve come to the right place.
Since 1951, we’ve helped people save hundreds, or even thousands of dollars a month, when they purchase or refinance their mortgage with Nutter.
Call 1-800-875-7334, send us an email or chat with us online and our team of non-commissioned Loan Officers will answer all your questions.
Apply Now - Secure Online ApplicationApply Now - Secure Online Application